Monday 23 April 2007

Settings and Permissions

I have been working on trying to set up a HR Managers area in the test portal (LifeRay), a Managers area and a Learners area. Before completing this hit a couple of fundermental issues for different groups seeing simular information and also sharing information across users. I think it is based on my understanding of roles and communities within the portal so even with permissions across groups the different users could not see the same information, and the end user could do too much across the portal, as we are hoping to make it mostly a push site. Hopefully Sam will be able to sort it out. We have managed to give the portal the same colour scheme as the project website which is nice :) I have set up a HR Managers area with loads of information in it that seems to make sense. I have passed the information on to the team to check out and also now waiting to see what they think of the portal.

No comments: